Skip navigation

Rate this page

Trade Waste

For changes to collections over Christmas and New Year see  - the same dates apply for businesses as for residents

Waste produced by businesses is classed as Controlled Waste. All businesses that produce, store, transport, and dispose of Controlled Waste are required to comply with a Duty of Care under the Environmental Protection Act 1990. Generally this involves taking out a contract or agreement with a Registered Waste Carrier. The Council will arrange this for you and thereafter send out an annual Duty of Care for completion and return. Customers should retain their copy for a minimum of two years.

Business Rates, unlike Council Tax for domestic properties, does not include a charge for collection and disposal of Trade Waste. As such businesses are free to choose their waste service provider. The Council is one of a number of Registered Waste Carriers offering a collection service for general, non-hazardous waste to businesses in the District.

The Council offers a regular collection service to suit your waste requirements at competitive prices. We do not charge separately for bin rental or Duty of Care.

For businesses that do not have bin storage facilities or are low volume waste producers we offer a Trade Waste Sack service. For all other businesses we offer a range of Wheeled Bins from 240 to 1100 litres in multiples and collection frequency to suit purposes.

Trade and waste and recycling charges no longer attract VAT.

Bin sizes

Wheeled Bin Size

Approx capacity in sacks.

Dimensions (mm) (approx). Height x Width x Depth

240 litre

2 -3

1060 x 580 x 740

360 litre

4 - 5

1120 x 600 x 850

660 litre

8 - 9

1200 x 1250 x 770

1100 litre

12 - 15

1400 x 1200 x 1080