The main activities of the finance service are to:
- Produce the Council's Annual Report and Accounts at the end of each financial year
- Prepare revenue and capital budgets on an annual basis
- Prepare financial monitoring information on a monthly basis throughout the year
- Complete and return government claim forms and other statistical returns
- Undertake management of the Council's banking and treasury functions
- Pay our suppliers
- Issue sales invoices for services provided by the Council
- Ensure provision of corporate insurance
- Procure goods and services on a centralised basis
- Administer Grants
- Ensure VAT is accounted for correctly
The Financial Regulations 2014 [911kb] are part of the Council's Constitution and provide a framework for managing the Council's financial affairs. They apply to every member and officer of the Council and anyone acting on its behalf. All financial and accounting procedures must be carried out in accordance with the regulations.
Financial monitoring reports are presented to the Cabinet each month. The agenda's for these meetings can be accessed through our Member Services pages.