Mid Devon District Council is committed to developing high quality services delivered in a fair and equitable way. It wants to promote good relations between different groups within the community, and values the positive contribution that all residents bring to the district.
In order to achieve this vision we will:
- Understand the different needs of members of our community;
- Monitor the uptake of our services;
- Evaluate the effect of changes to our services;
- Consult with equality groups and involve them in service changes;
- Continue to make services more accessible and information more freely available
- Tailor services where possible to meet the needs of different equality groups
- Ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse community we serve;
- Treat every employee fairly during the whole of their working life;
- Ensure equality in procurement, commissioning and service level agreements
- Work with our partners to promote equality, remove discrimination and stamp out harassment and intimidation.
The Council has set out how it will meet these aims in its Single Equality Scheme (SES) which can be accessed through the link on the right hand side of the page.
For more information, contact:
The Community Development Team on 01884 255255.