The purpose of the Audit Committee is therefore to:
- advise the Council on the adoption of a local Members' Code of Conduct with any appropriate local provisions and on its subsequent monitoring and updating.
- implement a local Code of Conduct and promote and maintain highest standards of conduct including the training of members and officers.
- advise members as to the process of declaration of interests and the granting of dispensations where appropriate to allow members to participate in matters in which they have interests.
- supervise the Registers of Members' and Officers' Interests To keep up to date the Council's Code of Practice on relations between members and officers.
- be responsible for the Council's procedures for investigating and responding to complaints.
- consider Findings of Maladministration by the Local Government Ombudsman.
- undertake such other functions as may be determined by the Council.
- provide independent assurance of the adequacy of the risk management framework and the associated control environment
- provide independent scrutiny of the authority's financial and non-financial performance to the extent that it affects the authority's exposure to risk and weakens the control environment
- oversee the financial reporting process
- make reports and/or recommendations to full Council and/or Cabinet and/or any other bodies of the Council in connection with the discharge of its functions
- make reports and/or recommendations to full Council on any matters of broad local concern or importance within their remit.
Revised complaints procedure and guidance notes to follow.
F J Rosamond
|14 May 2013||Agenda||Minutes|
|25 June 2013||Agenda||Minutes|
|Special Meeting 30 July 2013||Agenda||Minutes|
|24 September 2013||Agenda||Minutes|
|19 November 2013||Agenda||Minutes|
|14 January 2014||Not available||Not available|
|11 March 2014||Not available||Not available|
Committee Clerk: Julia Stuckey, Member Services Officer
Postal Address: Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 6PP
Telephone: 01884 234209
Fax: 01884 234318