The purpose of the Audit Committee is therefore to:
- advise the Council on the adoption of a local Members' Code of Conduct with any appropriate local provisions and on its subsequent monitoring and updating.
- implement a local Code of Conduct and promote and maintain highest standards of conduct including the training of members and officers.
- advise members as to the process of declaration of interests and the granting of dispensations where appropriate to allow members to participate in matters in which they have interests.
- supervise the Registers of Members' and Officers' Interests To keep up to date the Council's Code of Practice on relations between members and officers.
- be responsible for the Council's procedures for investigating and responding to complaints.
- consider Findings of Maladministration by the Local Government Ombudsman.
- undertake such other functions as may be determined by the Council.
- provide independent assurance of the adequacy of the risk management framework and the associated control environment
- provide independent scrutiny of the authority's financial and non-financial performance to the extent that it affects the authority's exposure to risk and weakens the control environment
- oversee the financial reporting process
- make reports and/or recommendations to full Council and/or Cabinet and/or any other bodies of the Council in connection with the discharge of its functions
- make reports and/or recommendations to full Council on any matters of broad local concern or importance within their remit.
Revised complaints procedure and guidance notes to follow.
Recordings of meetings can be found by scrolling down this page. To find the timing of an agenda item within the recording please refer to the minutes.
F J Rosamond
|14 May 2013||Agenda||Minutes|
|25 June 2013||Agenda||Minutes|
|Special Meeting 30 July 2013||Agenda||Minutes|
|24 September 2013||Agenda||Minutes|
|19 November 2013||Agenda||Minutes|
|14 January 2014||Agenda||Minutes|
|11 March 2014||Agenda||Minutes|
Committee Clerk: Julia Stuckey, Member Services Officer
Postal Address: Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 6PP
Telephone: 01884 234209
Fax: 01884 234318