The District Council's Grants and Funding Service forms part of the Community Development team and covers the following activities:
- Managing the Council's Strategic and Project Grant programmes
- Providing up-to-the-minute information on funding programmes
- Giving technical advice on funding applications, including bid writing support, for in-house and partnership projects that enable the Council to progress its corporate priorities
- Advising on grant management
- Organising conferences and training courses on grants and funding.
To contact the Council's Grants and Funding Officer phone 07967 179666 / 01884 234930 or email email@example.com
The Seed Fund
In 2012, the Council launched a grants scheme for new, long-lasting community initiatives.
The aim of the scheme, which is called "The Seed Fund", is to provide pump priming grants for projects within Mid Devon that can clearly demonstrate their long term sustainability. Capital and revenue grants between one and three years are available, with a maximum grant of £5,000 in year 1, £4,000 in year 2 and £3,000 in year 3.
The SEED fund budget has been increased by £10,000 for 2013/14. The Council will contribute up to 40% of the total project cost.
Projects that address the following issues are especially welcome:
- Rural isolation;
- Improved services for young people aged 8-19;
- Improved services for older people aged 60+;
- Helping residents adapt to changes in the welfare system;
- The regeneration of and improvements to the market towns of Tiverton, Crediton and Cullompton;
- Improving services and resources in the most disadvantaged parts of the district;
- Activities that will enable an organisation to become more financially secure.
Registered charities, constituted voluntary or community organisations, social enterprises, faith groups and town and parish councils may apply.
There will be two application deadlines during 2013/14:
- Monday 27 May; and
- Monday 28 October
Download an application form and the guidance notes from this page or request a copy by contacting the Grants and Funding Officer, Paul Tucker, on 07967 179666 or 01884 234930, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town and Parish (TAP) Fund - Applications Invited
The TAP Fund - a new small grants scheme for town and parish councils - was introduced in May 2012.
The Council continues to invite joint applications from two or more neighbouring councils although we will take applications from single councils. Ideally, however, projects should benefit more than one town or parish council area. The lead applicant should be a town or parish council. Registered charities, voluntary organisations, social enterprises and faith groups may apply but must do so via a town or parish council.
In order to provide a quick response for parishes we are now assessing applications as they come in. Our aim is to inform applicants whether they have been successful within two weeks of their application being submitted.
Please note the final deadline for applications is 28 February 2013.
For further information, or to discuss your project idea, contact Paul Tucker, Grants and Funding Officer on 07967 179666 or 01884 234930 or email@example.com
Use the links on this page to download the application form and guidance notes.
Information will be available soon about the projects for which grants have been approved.