How can I search for, view or track a planning application?
You can either:
- use our online application service to search for Planning Applications, Appeals and Enforcement's by keyword, application reference, postcode or by a single line of an address
- come into Phoenix House, Tiverton (for all Mid Devon applications) or visit our Market Street office in Crediton (for applications in the Crediton area)
- Our electronic data base of applications starts from 1999. Earlier records of planning applications are stored on microfiche and can be viewed at Phoenix House
How can I comment on a current planning application?
You can either:
- 'submit a comment' online
- email us at email@example.com quoting the planning reference number
- write to us at: Planning, Mid Devon District Council, Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 6PP.
The Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 requires that representations on applications must be available for public inspection (which includes the Press). Comments received will not be acknowledged, but will be placed on the application file and published on our website with your name and address. We will notify anyone making representations of the decision, and reasons, and publish the information on our website.
You should not include any personal information that you would not wish to be publicly available or make any discriminatory comments. We reserve the right to withhold any comments or parts of comments that are offensive or defamatory. By submitting your comments you are confirming they are your personal views and not those of the local planning authority and you agree to accept legal responsibility for your comments.
Plans, drawings and other material submitted to the local authority are protected by the Copyright Design and Patents Act 1988 (section 47). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: While we try to ensure that the planning information we publish online is accurate, we cannot take responsibility for any errors or omissions.
Please allow 48 hours for plans and documents associated with planning applications to be loaded onto the Planning Online service.