To run a riding establishment (where horses or ponies are hired out for riding or used for riding instruction) you need a licence.

Before a licence is granted (or renewed) the horses and premises must be inspected by a veterinary surgeon.

Further information

We have standard conditions that all premises must comply with.


Please see all our related fees


Apply online: Riding establishment online application  

Download: Riding establishment application form

Feedback form