Although individual needs will vary, we would expect requests for help to fall into one of these categories:
a) Basic Essential Needs - This includes items which you need for day-to-day living, such as:
- Food and other essential household items
- Items for personal care and hygiene
- Help with gas and electricity costs
- Prescriptions/medicine - if you are unable to afford to pay for them and are not exempt from charges
b) Overcoming Barriers to Support - Items to help you access the support and services you need e.g:
- Mobile phone top-up
- Internet access
- Transport to access essential services
Alongside the emergency payments, you will be offered advice and guidance on how to manage your finances and help with re-budgeting your household expenses.
* If you are having difficulty with your housing situation, please contact MDDC Housing on 01884 255255 or by email at email@example.com.