If you've been contacted by the NHS and asked to self-isolate, either because you've tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) or you've been in contact with someone who's tested positive and you have not been fully vaccinated, you may be entitled to some financial help during your self-isolation period. You need to meet all of the following eligibility criteria to qualify for a payment of £500:
- You must live in the Mid Devon area,
- You have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app because you have tested positive for COVID-19;
- You have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app because you have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive, and you are not fully vaccinated;
- You have responded to messages from NHS Test and Trace and have provided any legally required information, such as details of your close contacts;
- You are employed or self-employed
- You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result
- You are aged 16 or over
- You are currently receiving, or are the partner of someone in the same household who is receiving, at least one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
If you are a parent or guardian making an application because you are looking after a child or young person then you must meet the following criteria plus the last four criteria listed above:
- You are the parent or guardian of a young person in the same household who is self - isolating and need to take time off work to care for them;
- You are unable to work from home and will lose income;
- The young person has:
- tested positive for COVID-19 and is aged 15 or under, or aged 25 or under with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan;
- is aged 18 - 25, has been identified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19 (by NHS Test and Trace, their education or care setting or the NHS COVID-19 app) is not fully vaccinated and has an EHC Plan;
- The young person normally attends an education or care setting; and
- The parent or guardian meets all the other criteria for a payment (see the final four bullet points on the list shown above).
This application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual.
Please ensure that you have the below information available before starting the application:
- National Insurance number
- Your 8 digit test and trace ID number
- Your most recent bank statement, proof of self - employment or wage slips
Applications will be accepted up to 42 days from the first day of self - isolation.
Your personal information is necessary to enable us to process your application for the Test and Trace Support Payment.Your details will be kept securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations
Your data will be processed under the terms of the Mid Devon District Council Privacy Notice .