When considering demolishing a building, you will need to submit a Demolition Notice unless:
- the building is less than 1,750 cubic feet, measured externally (approximately 50 cubic metres), or
- the building is a greenhouse, conservatory, shed or prefabricated garage, even if it forms part of a larger building
Your Demolition Notice should be accompanied by a site plan with the building(s) to be demolished outlined in red.
If you are unsure if you need to provide a Demolition Notice, contact us for further advice.
Advice on demolition
When demolishing a building, you must:
- notify adjoining owners and service providers
- arrange for safe removal and disposal of asbestos
- limit the effects on adjoining properties