Community Safety Partnership
The Crime and Disorder Act 1998 placed a legal responsibility on certain public bodies and other agencies to work together to reduce crime, disorder and the fear of crime locally, in order to improve quality of life and to create a safer living and working environment. The CSP is a statutory body under the Act.
Members of the Community Safety Partnership include representatives from statutory and voluntary organisations as well as from the business sector. The Partnership Steering Group includes representatives from:
- Devon and Cornwall Police
- Devon County Council
- Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service
- Dorset, Devon and Cornwall Probation
- East Devon District Council
- Mid Devon District Council
- Northern, Eastern and Western Devon Clinical Commissioning Group
The steering group meets bi-monthly to monitor and oversee the work of the geographical Local Action Groups (LAGs) along with the Drugs and Alcohol Implementation Group and the Domestic Abuse Forum.