How can I rent a garage?
You can rent a garage by completing an online application form. This will ask for your personal details. You will be able to choose up to three areas in which you wish to rent a garage. We give priority to tenants living within those areas.
Who can apply for a garage?
Anyone over 18 years of age is eligible to apply.
Businesses may apply for a garage to store a vehicle for business purposes. They may also store other items but not use the garage as a retail outlet or for advertising purposes.
Registered charities can rent garages at a reduced amount as long as we see proof of charitable registration.
Who is not eligible to apply for a garage?
Anyone who has the following may not apply to rent a garage:
- MDDC tenants who are in rent arrears or breach of tenancy conditions
- Committed acts of anti-social behaviour within the last two years
- Allowed a council property to be used for illegal purposes
- Serious damage or neglect of a council property
- Intentionally misinforming us about information that we would need
- Threatening behaviour or being violent or abusive towards council staff within the last two years