How can I rent a garage?
You can rent a garage by completing our online form: Apply for a garage or garage ground rent plot.
You'll be asked to provide your personal details and you'll be able to choose up to three areas in which you wish to rent a garage. Priority is given to tenants living within those areas.
Who can apply for a garage?
Anyone over 18 years of age is eligible to apply.
Businesses may also apply for a garage to store a vehicle for business purposes. They may also store other items so long as the garage is not used as a retail outlet or for advertising purposes
Registered charities can rent garages at a reduced amount as long as we see proof of charitable registration
Who's not eligible to apply for a garage?
Applications will not be accepted from persons with which the following circumstances apply:
- Tenants of ours that are in rent arrears or breach of tenancy conditions
- Committed acts of anti-social behaviour within the last two years
- Allowed a council property to be used for illegal purposes
- Serious damage or neglect of a council property
- Intentionally misinforming us about information that we would need
- Threatening behaviour or being violent or abusive towards council staff within the last two years