Caretaker and handyman scheme
The purpose of the Caretaker Service is to make sure that properties and their areas are maintained to provide a better standard of living for you. The caretakers work to a 4-week cycle, cleaning and repairing approximately 32 communal areas, with a bi-annual cycle for estate walks and litter picking at approximately 260 streets. A rota for these works can be found in the 30 Week Caretaker Schedule.
- Repair, tidy and clean communal areas and grounds through litter picking and minor repairs to make sure they are maintained to the standard that you expect
- Ensure neighbourhoods are safe areas to live, for example by checking communal lighting work and their time clocks are correctly set
- Keep neighbourhoods free from vandalism and fly tipping which will hopefully lead to a decrease in such anti-social behaviour
We have introduced a handyman scheme to assist our tenants with gardening and house improvements. All of our charges are in accordance to the National Housing Federation Schedule of Rates.
We will carry out minor DIY such as:
- hanging pictures
- putting up shelves
- fixing curtain rails/poles
- putting together flat-packed furniture
- attaching towel rails, and coat hooks
For any other improvements such as plumbing or electrical works please contact us.
Did you know that by law you should only have your cooker connected to its supply by a registered person? As a competitively priced service to you, our ‘Gas Safe’ and electrically trained operatives can install your appliance:
- gas cooker connections £75.00* including VAT (unless additional pipework is required)
- electric cooker connections £48.00 including VAT
Our gardening service is charged at £12 an hour plus VAT and we will cut the grass, clear paths of weeds and trim hedges and trees not exceeding 4ft.
For our elderly and vulnerable tenants who have recently moved into one of our supported living properties to 'set up home' we will dedicate up to two hours of an operatives’ time free of charge to assist you. In order to qualify for this service you must apply within two weeks of moving in, be over 65 and/or registered as disabled.
For more contact us for more details on our Handyman Service.