COVID-19: Council housing repairs update
Read our FAQs to find out what housing repairs we'll be prioritising during the COVID-19 outbreak
Report a repair
See What we repair to find out which repairs we're responsible for carrying out. Please note that we do not have to repair all damage to your home, especially if it is deliberate or due to neglect.
If you have an emergency repair, please telephone 01884 255255 straight away. Do not report emergency repairs on our website. Alternatively, please use our Freephone number on 0800 023 2281 to report a repair. You will need to tell us:
- your name and address and a daytime contact telephone number
- description of your repair and its location in your home
- days and times when you will be at home, or any other alternative arrangements for us to carry out your repair
- if you are leaving keys with a neighbour, their address and phone number.
In the event of an emergency outside of office hours please call 01884 255255 and speak with one of the out of hours officers who will be able to assist you.
Morning appointments are anytime between 8.00am and 1.00pm (Monday to Friday).
Afternoon appointments are anytime between 1.00pm and 4.30pm (Monday to Thursday).
When you report a repair, we will call you back with an appointment time and date. Please tell us as soon as possible if you need to change the appointment, on Freephone 0800 023 2281.
We aim to keep 100% of all appointments. However, if we are unable to keep the appointment, we will tell you in advance and arrange another time. If we are late for an appointment, you should call us on Freephone 0800 023 2281. You can claim compensation for failed or late appointments - see Priority Repairs.
We may have to visit your home before we start repair works. This could be:
- to get more information about the problem
- to quote for a handyman repair
- because the nature of the repair needs a site inspection (such as a problem with damp)
- to take measurements, for instance when new fittings or fixtures are required
We will make an appointment with you for a pre-inspection.