Helping you save energy and money!
Homeowners, landlords and private tenants see CosyDevon or call 0330 400 1174 for full details.
Warm Home Discount scheme
For winter 2015/16, you could get a £140 discount on your electricity bill. See GOV.UK - Warm Home Discount Scheme.
Winter Fuel Payments
Born on or before 5 July 1951? You are entitled to a GOV.UK - Winter Fuel Payment.
Help with heating improvements
Since the government scheme Warm Front is no longer taking referrals, we have introduced a Minor Works Assistance Loan that will assist the most vulnerable households with energy efficiency improvements, including heating replacement. The loan is subsidised and delivered with our partner Wessex Home Improvement Loans, see Loans.
Independent and impartial advice
Energy Saving Trust is the national advice service on how to save money in the home. To find out more, see Energy Saving Trust or telephone 0330 400 1174.
Making sure a privately let property is well insulated and has adequate heating can have many benefits:
- tenants will be warmer and more comfortable and the property will be cheaper and easier to heat
- the property will be more appealing to future tenants so easier to let, reducing empty periods
- there are likely to be less complaints and repair requests from tenants
- the risk of damp, condensation and mould will be reduced in the property
- Energy Performance Certificate ratings will be improved
- help the environment by helping to prevent climate change