Subsidised energy saving
Warm Home Discount scheme
For winter you could get a £140 discount on your electricity bill. See GOV.UK - Warm Home Discount Scheme.
Winter Fuel Payments
Born on or before 5 July 1953? You are entitled to a GOV.UK - Winter Fuel Payment.
Independent and impartial advice
Energy Saving Trust is the national advice service on how to save money in the home. To find out more, see Energy Saving Trust or telephone 0330 400 1174.
Exeter Community Energy - Healthy Homes for Wellbeing
Trained assessors will carry out a free full home assessment, providing advice and assistance on all aspects of energy use, you and your home. Please call them for a chat on 0800 7723617.
Making sure a privately let property is well insulated and has adequate heating can have many benefits:
- tenants will be warmer and more comfortable and the property will be cheaper and easier to heat
- the property will be more appealing to future tenants so easier to let, reducing empty periods
- there are likely to be less complaints and repair requests from tenants
- the risk of damp, condensation and mould will be reduced in the property
- Energy Performance Certificate ratings will be improved
- help the environment by helping to prevent climate change
Many improvements will be based on the household circumstances.