Mid Devon in Bloom Competition
Mid Devon in Bloom 2023 has now closed for judging. Come back soon for updates or check our Facebook and Twitter for announcements @middevonhousing.
Spring is here, it’s time to dig out your gardening gloves and get ready for Mid Devon in Bloom 2023. Open to all tenants of Mid Devon Housing, whether you have access to a large communal garden, your own garden, balcony or courtyard. No matter the size, if you are proud of your garden this competition is for you.
There will be one winner per category and each winner will receive a £25 Love2Shop voucher. The competition closes on 31 July 2023. The winners will be announced on 11 August, more details of this to follow along with details of the judging panel.
Have you worked as a team with other residents to maintain your communal garden? This category is for you. Please note the prize for this category will work differently. We will award a £50 voucher to spend on equipment, plants or what deems reasonable for your community garden.
Awarded to the most outstanding garden in MDH.
Best wildlife or sustainable garden
Awarded to a garden that supports biodiversity with wildflowers and wildlife (think bug hotels, bird boxes, hedgehog houses). Or maybe you have included recycled elements into your garden? Even your own vegetable patch! This is the category for you.
Best Young Gardener
This entry is for those aged 5-16. This could be a sunflower you have grown, a bug garden you’ve created or maybe you've planted a hanging basket. Whatever you’ve worked on in your garden we want to see it.
Baskets and Containers
Awarded to the best hanging baskets, window boxes, balconies or planters.
For those budding gardeners aged 65 and over.
How to enter:
Simply choose your category and send us a minimum of 3 photos via Facebook, Twitter or email email@example.com. When sending your photos please include your full name and address. If you are entering the Best Young Gardener category, make sure you tell us your age too. Please note we may also visit entries in person.
Terms and Conditions
This competition is for tenant and leaseholders of Mid Devon Housing only. By submitting your photographs to Mid Devon Housing, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The photo was taken legally (for example, but not limited to, decency, trespass, invasion of privacy)
- The photo is your work, or you have permission, preferably in writing, of the photo’s creator, preferably in writing.
- You may enter as many categories as you wish.
- Your garden must be available to be judged in person.
- You are not currently going through the Preserved Right to Buy Scheme.
- You understand and grant Mid Devon Housing with the right to store or reproduce or share the photo in any format and on any channel that they see fit without further reference to consent or copyright. If the photo depicts people, it is assumed they have also agreed to these terms and conditions. Photos that contain children or people without capacity to consent, you must be the primary carer or person with the responsibility for duty of care or have the express permission, in writing, of that person.
- You understand that Mid Devon Housing’s decision on the result of the competition is final.
- Any photos after the deadline will not be accepted.
- You understand you are solely responsible for implementing these terms and conditions and that Mid Devon Housing may undertake further checks if we have cause to believe that any of these terms and conditions have not been observed. We can remove this photo from the competition, publication or void prizes at any time and without further notice or correspondence.