FOI06858 Business rates
FOI06858 Formal Response
Date received: 01 April 2020
Date response due: 01 May 2020
Date response provided: 02 April 2020
Your request and our response
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000.
In accordance with the provisions specified within the above Act I hereby request the following information or an update of the information since the last request. All information requested relates to Business Rates.
Required Information;- A list of all live business rates accounts with a 2017 list Rateable Value greater than or equal to £5,000.
- Property Reference Number (also known as Billing Authority Reference Number) of the property on which the charge is made. Please note that this is not the Rate Demand or Rate Account Number.
- Current rateable value
- Account holder name
- Property address
- The billing address (where different to the property address), the contact telephone number and email address
- The date the current ratepayer became liable for the business rates – we do not require any historical account liability dates only the current ratepayers liability start date
- Where a property is currently empty please provide the date the ratepayer became liable for empty rates
- Where there is an exemption on the account please provide the start and end date and type of exemption applied (e.g. listed building)
- Where there is a relief on the account please provide the date it was applied and the type of relief (e.g. charity)
- We do not require any personal information or sole traders.
The authority will not be providing you with this information as it is considered to be exempt from disclosure under s. 21(1) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000: The information that you have requested is deemed to be reasonably available to you by other means. The information you requested is available online using the following link and looking at our online Revenues data sets.
If you do not have access to the internet at home, you may be able to use facilities at your local public library.