About this job
PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £35,745 to £38,890
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Procurement team in the delivery of the Procurement Strategy, including achieving savings targets, sourcing the best suppliers and agreeing and implementing commercially viable deals to support internal customers in the procurement of contracts across the Council.
The successful candidate will be an experienced member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply. The key responsibilities are:
- Lead the procurement team
- Provide effective contract management and negotiation with suppliers
- Produce and implement policies and procedures that will influence the provision of the service and ensure regulatory compliance
- Be responsible for local tendering and undertaking quotations
- Support the Council in looking at cost efficiencies and savings
- Be responsible for procurement and supply chain activities
- Develop supplier pricing/analysis
- Advise internal stakeholders and liaise with stakeholders
- Proactively challenge current practices and strive to deliver continuous improvement.
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Paul Deal, Corporate Manager for Finance on 07886 121878.
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - FA04 - Procurement Manager.
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||17 May 2021 at 1:00pm|
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.