Building Maintenance Apprentice (Carpentry)
About this job
FIXED TERM 36 Months: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £7.40 per hour
We have a vacancy for an apprentice within our Building Maintenance Service. The trade we are looking to recruit for is Carpentry. This apprenticeship is aimed at motivated candidates at the start of their career looking to develop the knowledge and skills needed to become a professional tradesperson.
The successful candidate’s will attend a local College on day release to undertake the Level 2 Carpentry Apprenticeship. As an Apprentice you will cover the following topics at college and continue to learn and put into practice while on the job –
- Work safely and be aware of key health, safety and welfare issues.
- Plan and carry out their work to commercial standards of quality and speed.
- Move, handle and store resources, such as materials and timber components, complying with relevant legislation & guidance.
- Interpret and follow verbal and written work instructions from trade supervisors and site managers
- Select the required materials to carry out the work, such as correct timber, tools and fixings.
- Access, interpret and use drawings and specifications to carry out their work.
Candidates will ideally have 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above to include maths and English but not a necessity and can be completed alongside the Apprenticeship. An enthusiasm for their chosen trade and a willingness to learn are essential.
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, contact Ben Penney on 07971 159243 email@example.com
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - Building Maintenance Apprentice (Carpentry) Job Description.
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||12 August 2022 at 1:00pm|
MDDC reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.