Building Maintenance Apprentice (Multi Skilled)
About this job
FIXED TERM 16 Months: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £7.40 per hour
We have a vacancy for an apprentice within our Building Maintenance Service. The trade we are looking to recruit for is Multi Skilled, but with a focus on plumbing and carpentry. This apprenticeship is aimed at motivated candidates at the start of their career looking to develop the knowledge and skills needed to become a professional tradesperson.
The successful candidate’s will attend a local College on day release to undertake the Level 2 Property Maintenance course. As an Apprentice you will cover the following topics at college and continue to learn and put into practice while on the job –
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Comply with organizational safety, policies and procedures and identify hazards and reduce them.
- Consider safety compliance with a diverse sector of client groups.
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of working safely at height.
- Carry out repairs to the fabric of a building.
- Understand and maintain plumbing and drainage systems.
- Maintain high levels of water hygiene within a building.
- Understand and maintain electrical distribution, safe repair of electrical installation to legal requirements.
- Understand and maintain plant, safety systems and equipment.
- Demonstrate and implement energy, environment and sustainable practices.
- Understand and maintain grounds and external fabrication of a building.
- Understand and demonstrate the safe use of hand tools.
- Demonstrate and understand the importance of the control of resources and stock.
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of Planned Preventative Maintenance.
- Understand how to prepare for refurbishment or deep clean of equipment and surfaces.
- Carry out repairs and reactive maintenance.
- Understand the importance of customer service.
- Record and report information accurately either internally or externally
Candidates will ideally have 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above to include maths and English but not a necessity and can be completed alongside the Apprenticeship. An enthusiasm for their chosen trade and a willingness to learn are essential.
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, contact Ben Penney on 07971 159243 email@example.com
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - Building Maintenance Apprentice (Multi Skilled) Job Description.
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||12 August 2022 at 1:00pm|
MDDC reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.