About this job
PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £20,092 to £21,748
Do you value development? Are you looking for a new challenge? We have an opportunity for a Full Time Telecare Officer to join the team working across Mid Devon based from our depot in Old Road, Tiverton.
At Mid Devon District Council, Tiverton our benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rate of pay
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- A flexible benefits scheme including access to a discount shopping (online and high street) and events
- Discounted leisure memberships
- DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Monday to Friday (except following the 8 bank holidays and Christmas)
- Free parking at site
As a Telecare Officer your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Lifeline equipment and associated technology
- Delivering high levels of customer satisfaction
- Working closely with suppliers, placing orders and maintaining stock levels
- Promoting the service, identifying marketing opportunities and linking in with local charities and other stakeholders in order to increase awareness of the offer
At Mid Devon District Council, Tiverton we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- You will have experience of working with vulnerable people
- You will be able to communicate well with different people
- You must be able to deal with the challenges arising from working on the frontline
- You must be motivated to achieve good results
- Since the work will involve visiting homes across our District, you must have your own transport
To find out more
To find out more information about Mid Devon District Council please visit: https://www.middevon.gov.uk/
For any questions or for an informal conversation regarding the position of Telecare Officer working across Mid Devon based from our Head Office, Tiverton. Please contact Ben Penney (Commercial Services Manager) – Telephone Number: 07792847896
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - Telecare Officer Job Description.
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||30 September 2021 at 1:00pm|
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.