Neighbourhood Officer (Income)
About this job
PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £25,419 to £28,226
Do you value development? Are you looking for a new challenge? We have an opportunity for a Neighbourhood Officer to join the team working across Mid Devon based from our Head Office in Tiverton.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Job share – Wednesday to Friday
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Hybrid working
- A flexible benefits scheme including access to discounted shopping (online and high street) and events
- Discounted leisure memberships
- DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities leading to nationally recognised qualifications
- Free parking at site
As a Neighbourhood Officer your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Tenancy & estate management
- Achieving high levels of tenant satisfaction
- Leading the response to complaints of anti-social behaviour, investigating these and escalating action, collecting evidence, writing witness statements and attending Court
- Managing tenancy fraud issues
- Maintaining health and safety on our estates
- Managing queries relating to boundaries, rights of way and communal open space
At Mid Devon District Council, Tiverton we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships.
- Excellent communication and mediation skills are essential
- An ability to solve problems is also important
- You must be able to organise your own workload
- You need experience in housing management or a customer focussed service
- You must have an understanding of landlord and tenant obligations
- You will have a clear customer focus and a flexible approach
- You will have good people skills with a passion for making a difference
To find out more
For any questions or for an informal conversation regarding the position of Neighbourhood Officer working across Mid Devon based from our Head Office, Tiverton. Please contact Lisa Harber, Neighbourhood Team Leader. Telephone number 01884 255255.
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - Neighbourhood Officer (Income) Job Description.
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||14 October 2022 at 1:00pm|
MDDC reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We are keen to make our interviews accessible. Let us know on your job application if you have a disability and need any reasonable adjustments.
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.