About this job
FIXED TERM 4 MONTHS: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £25,419 to £28,226
We have 3,000 units of housing stock in Mid Devon and ambitious plans to develop more homes. We are looking for someone to join our Estates team for a period of 4 months. You will have experience in a housing management or customer focussed service with knowledge and expertise of issues associated with tenancy and estate management.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- A flexible benefits scheme including access to discounted shopping (online and high street) and events
- Discounted leisure memberships
- DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities leading to nationally recognised qualifications
- Monday to Friday (except following the 8 bank holidays and Christmas)
- Free parking at site
As a Neighbourhood Officer your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Tenancy & estate management
- Achieving high levels of tenant satisfaction
- Leading the response to complaints of anti-social behaviour, investigating these and escalating action, collecting evidence, writing witness statements and attending Court
- Managing tenancy fraud issues
- Maintaining health and safety on our estates
- Managing queries relating to boundaries, rights of way and communal open space
At Mid Devon District Council we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships.
- You must have an understanding of landlord and tenant obligations, issues associated with tenant involvement and housing management policy and procedure
- You will have knowledge of legislation relevant to the role
- You will have a clear customer focus and a flexible approach
- You must be able to organise your own workload, with minimal supervision
- You will have excellent communication and mediation skills
- You will have good people skills with a passion for making a difference
To find out more
For any questions or for an informal conversation regarding the position of Neighbourhood Officer working across Mid Devon based from our Head Office, Tiverton. Please contact Claire Fry, Operations Manager for Housing Services / Sally Bloomfield, Neighbourhood Team Leader. Telephone number 01884 255255.
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - Neighbourhood Officer Job Description.
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||25 May 2022 at 1:00pm|
MDDC reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.