Swimming Teacher - Lords Meadow Leisure Centre
About this job
PERMANENT: 2 hours per week
SALARY: £16 per hour
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you want a role that is rewarding? We have an opportunity for a Part Time Swimming Teacher to join the team at Lords Meadow Leisure Centre, Crediton our established Sports Centre.
At Lords Meadow Leisure Centre, Crediton our benefits include:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Discounted leisure memberships
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
As a Swimming Teacher your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To teach/coach all pupils on the programme (group lessons and one to ones) to the standards set out by MDDC.
- Manage the class appropriately and maintain records.
- Assisting in the cost effective and efficient operation of the facility as designated by the Swimming Lesson Manager.
- All duties to be carried out in accordance with current codes of practice, MDDC, the Health and Safety at Work Act, Data Protection Act, Child Protection, all standard operating and emergency procedures and any other legislation
At Lords Meadow Leisure Centre, Crediton we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- Swimming teachers Association (STA) Level 2 Award or Certificate, or Swim England (previously ASA) Swimming Teacher Level 1 or 2
- A team player with strong communication skills
- Committed to personal development
- Previous teaching experience is desirable but not essential.
To find out more information about Mid Devon District Council and our Leisure Services please visit: https://middevonleisure.com/about
To find out more
To find out more about this role please contact Zara Trickett, Aquatic Business Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - LS17 - Swimming Teacher
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor skilled worker visas at this time. For more information on pre-employment checks, please review the documents found here.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||2 October 2023 at 1:00pm|
MDDC reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We are keen to make our interviews accessible. Let us know on your job application if you have a disability and need any reasonable adjustments.
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.