About this job
PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £27,344 to £30,151
LOCATION: Tiverton (Subject to cross-site working)
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you want a role that is rewarding? We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Duty Officers to join the team at Mid Devon Leisure. We are looking for a Duty Officer to work closely with our Centre Managers to successfully operate our portfolio of leisure facilities with a large team across all areas of the business.
As a Duty Officer your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the highest standards of product and service delivery
- Supervision of staff to ensure they are meeting the expected standards
- Cover for staff where appropriate, poolside, reception, general recreation assistant work
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational needs of the facilities
- Undertake induction training to all new staff and ongoing training
At Mid Devon Leisure we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- Thorough knowledge of Emergency Action Plans and Normal Operation Procedures
- Willingness to undertake essential job related training and a desire to progress in the Leisure sector
- Sound knowledge of IT systems and applications
- Outstanding communication and negotiating skills, excellent problem solving skills
At Mid Devon Leisure our benefits include:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Discounted leisure memberships
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Full training provided with excellent training and development opportunities
There is a potential for the right candidate to progress within our service and specialise in front of house, fitness, sport specific coaching, leisure training or leisure management.
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Nicola Ross, Centre Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - LS34-LS36 - Duty Officer.
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Please download and complete our Job Application Form and send to Opportunities@middevon.gov.uk. Alternatively, print and send by post to:
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||22 March 2023 at 1:00pm|
MDDC reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.