Senior Building Control Surveyor
About this job
PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £38,296 - £41,496, plus 10% market supplement
LOCATION: Flexible working arrangements with office bases in North Devon and Mid Devon and significant on-site work
Do you have Building Control experience? Do you hold full membership of RICS or CABE (or approaching full membership)? We have an opportunity for a Full Time Senior Building Control Surveyor to join our successful team primarily based out of North Devon. This role sits within our NMD Building Control partnership, between Mid Devon District Council and North Devon District Council.
Benefits of the role include:
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Discounted leisure memberships
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Free parking at Council site
As a Senior Building Control Surveyor your duties will include but are not limited to:
- The overall management of an area of the District to ensure that the Council's Building Regulation Policy is satisfied, together with monitoring and reviewing the income, expenditure and cost of providing a Building Control Service in that area.
- Detailed examination of applications seeking approval under the Building Regulations in respect of every type of building operation, including where appropriate the assessment of structural calculations.
- Site inspections in respect of full plans and building notice submissions.
- Supervising the work of and provide assistance to the development of the Building Control Trainee/Assistant.
Throughout the NMD Building Control Partnership we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- Have or be approaching full membership of RICS or CABE
- Demonstrable relevant experience in Building Control
- A good knowledge of building construction practice and Building Control Law
- Accuracy, reliability and patience
To find out more
To find out more about this role please contact Andrew Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - PB02 - Senior Building Control Surveyor
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||7 February 2023 at 1:00pm|
MDDC reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We are keen to make our interviews accessible. Let us know on your job application if you have a disability and need any reasonable adjustments.
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.