About this job
PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £27,905 to £30,507
Are you an experienced Supervisor / Team leader, ideally having worked in the recycling or similar industry?
We are looking to appoint a Supervisor in the Refuse Service based at Carlu Close Depot.
The successful candidate will be committed to supervising and assisting staff to fulfil objectives, whilst giving feedback and ideas on service improvement and alteration.
You will ideally be a good communicator across several levels – colleagues, managers, clients and members. You will have an understanding of how you can achieve the best from the staff you supervise.
You will be good with figures and logistics and have a familiarity with the District. You will be expected to deal with complaints, deliveries and creating new systems of work.
The post holder will need to be flexible as to start and finish times to deal with breakdowns, cover and late arrivals.
You will need a LGV licence, a good knowledge of health and safety and vehicle legislation and a can do attitude. In return the successful applicant can expect the support and training to enhance their performance and role.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Refuse Manager, you will be responsible for day to day operations, working closely with the other members of the management team, potentially with some weekend working involved.
- Monitor refuse and recycling collection crews and carrying out inspections accordingly
- Monitor fleet compliance and also ensuring health and safety is always kept to a high standard
- You will also be tasked with various day to day roles which will include timesheets, ensuring staff levels are kept in line with budget, ensuring all staff are briefed on the roles and responsibilities required of them, issue toolbox talks as and when required and carry out inductions and training.
What are the requirements?
- You must be able to demonstrate a good working practice and be able to make decisions accordingly
- Working with and managing a team, you must preferably have previous recycling and waste management experience
- Previous supervisory experience is essential
- Experience of working within a busy logistics operation involving fleet compliance is also desirable
- You will require a LGV C driving licence, good IT skills and previous experience with Microsoft packages.
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Simon Bruford on 01884 234243.
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - SS12 - Refuse Supervisor.
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||14 August 2020 at 1:00pm|
|PROPOSED INTERVIEW DATE:||Week commencing 21 August 2020|
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.