About this job
PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £22, 369 - £24, 054 (pay award pending)
Do you enjoy working as part of a team? Do you take pride in delivering vital services to the community? We have a vacancy for a Depot Operative to work in the Waste and Recycling Transfer Station at the Operations Depot as part of a small team.
The successful candidate will work 37 hours per week which would generally be worked between 06.00 and 18.00 Monday to Friday. A degree of flexibility will be required to occasionally cover some collection rounds and to work eight Saturdays following bank holidays each year paid at an overtime rate.
At Mid Devon District Council, Willand our benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rate of pay
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Discounted leisure memberships
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Free parking at site
As a Depot Operative your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Operating baling equipment to process recycling material
- Operating telehandler and forklift trucks
- Unloading Recycling and Waste Vehicles
- Loading artic lorries and bulkers
- Keeping transfer and yard area clean and tidy
- Monitoring Contamination levels of vehicles brought into the transfer station and reporting issues to team leader
- To occasionally cover the collection team
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work and positive attitude towards delivering services to the community
- Experience of working in the waste industry, along with a fork lift licence and telehandler licence is desirable, but is not essential
- Good organisational and communication skills, literate and numerate and be capable of working on your own initiative.
To find out more information about Mid Devon District Council and our Street Scene Services please visit: https://www.middevon.gov.uk/residents/recycling-rubbish/
To find out more
To find out more about this role please contact Simon Bruford, Waste and Transport Manager on 01884 234243.
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - SS15 - Depot Operative
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||3 October 2023 at 1:00pm|
MDDC reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We are keen to make our interviews accessible. Let us know on your job application if you have a disability and need any reasonable adjustments.
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.