About this job
PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £22,183 to £24,491
We have vacancies for LGV C Drivers working as part of our recycling team based at our Willand depot.
The successful candidates will work 37 hours per week which would generally be worked between 05.30 and 17.00. A degree of flexibility will be required to occasionally cover some collection rounds and to work eight Saturdays following bank holidays each year paid at an overtime rate.
Duties will include:-
- To drive up to LGV Category C and non-LGV vehicle when required.
- To undertake daily vehicle checks.
- To lead the crew to collect Recycling and / or Waste from households, trade premises and other locations in Mid Devon within a round (ensuring no collections are missed)
- To assist other drivers when required in reversing and manoeuvring vehicles or on the completion of other rounds as required.
- To accompany other drivers as a crew member where specified in round schedules.
- To ensure all instructions on the driver’s notes are actioned.
- To unload the vehicle at designated disposal or treatment sites as directed
- To ensure that the vehicle is clear of all material at the end of the day and the cab is clean and tidy.
- To carry out duties in the depot or street cleansing service as required.
- To operate forklift and telescopic handler if required. (Full training will be given)
- To ensure that all Health & Safety Regulations and safe working practices are adhered to and to be aware of all procedures relating to the safe operation of the waste service.
- Ensure a good standard of service at all times.
- Must be flexible in working arrangements due to seasonal/variations and new initiatives.
In order to deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties, however, should not normally exceed those expected of an employee at that grade.
Candidates should have good organisational and communication skills, be literate and numerate and be capable of working on their own initiative.
Candidates must be in good health and previous experience of working in a Waste / Recycling environment would be advantageous.
There will be an open day taken place at Carlu Close Depot, Hitchcock’s Business Park, Uffculme, Devon, EX15 3FG on 14 June 2021.
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Simon Bruford, Operations Manager on 01884 234243.
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - SS16 - Refuse Driver.
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.