Refuse LGV Driver-Loader
About this job
PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £22,571 to £24,920
Are you a qualified LGV / HGV driver looking to build your experience? We have an opportunity for a Full Time (Part Time also considered) Refuse Driver/Loader to join the team at Hitchcocks Business Park, Willand our established waste and recycling depot.
Immediate starts available!
At Mid Devon District Council, Willand our benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rate of pay
- Incentive scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- A flexible benefits scheme including access to a discount shopping (online and high street) and events
- Discounted leisure memberships
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Driver CPC Training provided (paid for by us)
- Monday to Friday (except following the 8 bank holidays and Christmas)
- Free parking at site
As a Refuse Driver/Loader your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To drive LGV Category C and non-LGV vehicle when required.
- To undertake daily vehicle checks.
- To lead the crew to collect recycling and/or refuse from households, trade premises and other locations in Mid Devon within a round (ensuring no collections are missed)
- To maintain safe working practices
At Mid Devon District Council, Willand we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- LGV Licence (Category C)
- Driver CPC card
- Demonstrable experience of LGV Driving, however we do welcome newly qualified drivers
- Experience of working in the waste industry is desirable, but is not essential
To find out more
To find out more information about Mid Devon District Council and our Street Scene Services please visit: https://www.middevon.gov.uk/residents/recycling-rubbish/
For any questions or for an informal conversation regarding the position of Refuse Driver/Loader at Hitchcocks Business Park, Willand please contact Simon Bruford, Refuse Manager – 01884 234243.
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - Refuse Driver/Loader Job Description.
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Please download and complete our Job Application Form and send to Opportunities@middevon.gov.uk. Alternatively, print and send by post to:
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||On going|
MDDC reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.