About this job
PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £19,650 to £20,043
Do you enjoy working outdoors, whilst playing a vital role for the community? We have opportunities for both Full Time and Fixed Term Refuse Operatives to join the team at Hitchcocks Business Park, Cullompton our established waste and recycling depot.
This role could offer opportunities to progress your career with paid training to become a Class C (LGV) driver.
Immediate starts available!
At Mid Devon District Council, Willand, our benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rate of pay
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- A flexible benefits scheme including access to a discount shopping (online and high street) and events
- Discounted leisure memberships
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Driver Class C Training can be provided (paid for by us)
- Monday to Friday (except following the 8 bank holidays and Christmas)
- Free parking at site
As a Refuse Operative your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To work as part of a crew or lone working to collect and process waste or recycling materials from households, trade premises and other locations in Mid Devon within a round or rounds on the day specified (ensuring no collections are missed).
- Must be flexible in working arrangements due to seasonal/variations and new initiatives.
- To ensure that all Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to and to be aware of all procedures relating to the safe operation of the waste service.
- Delivering Waste and recycling containers to residents across the district
- To help prepare the vehicle for unloading and remove all recycling materials on return to the depot.
- To work in the depot when required, operating baling equipment and other depot duties as requested.
At Mid Devon District Council, Cullompton we value: Pride, People, Performance and Partnerships
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work and positive attitude towards delivering services to the community
- Driving licence: category B, or a willingness to work towards
- Experience of working in the waste industry is desirable, but is not essential
To find out more
To find out more information about Mid Devon District Council and our Street Scene Services please visit: https://www.middevon.gov.uk/residents/recycling-rubbish/
For any questions or for an informal conversation regarding the position of Refuse Operative at Hitchcocks Business Park, Cullompton please contact Simon Bruford, Refuse Manager – 01884 234243.
For full details please read the Job Description and Person Specification - Refuse Operative Job Description.
The Job Description refers to the level of competencies required for this post. For an explanation of what this means, please see Core Competencies.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
How to apply
Mid Devon District Council
Please remember to quote the following post and vacancy numbers:
|CLOSING DATE:||on going|
MDDC reserves the right to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage early applications.
We're committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If we've not contacted you within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for showing an interest in this vacancy and we wish you every success with your on-going job search.