Leader announces new Cabinet
Following his appointment as Leader of the Council last week, Cllr Barry Warren has announced the makeup of his cabinet and portfolio responsibilities as follows:
- Leader, Finance & Environment - Councillor Barry Warren;
- Deputy Leader & Planning and Economic Regeneration - Councillor Graeme Barnell;
- Community Well Being - Councillor Dennis Knowles;
- Housing and Property Services - Councillor Ashley Wilce;
- Working Environment & Support Services - Councillor Mrs Nikki Woollatt;
- Climate Change and Continuous Improvement - Councillor Mrs Chris Daw.
Announcing the changes, Cllr Warren said:
"It is an honour to be appointed as Leader and while I recognise that there are only a couple of months left of this administrative cycle, there is still much to be done and decisions needing to be made. I thank all my colleagues who have agreed to work with me in this newly-formed cabinet, and I look forward to ensuring that we make the sensible and pragmatic decisions necessary for the good of Mid Devon over the coming months."