Opportunity to Tender for Business Support Services
Mid Devon District Council, Devon County Council and other authorities in Devon are putting together a programme of business support for prospective and existing businesses. Launching soon, the programme is funded through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund and runs until 31 March 2025.
Mid Devon businesses will be able to access a package of FREE business support services offering a range of options depending on the needs of the business, including:
- 1-to-1 support and workshop modules lasting 2-12 hours per business.
- Green Business Support, which will complement the existing Low Carbon Devon initiative with further workshops on decarbonisation.
- Start-up Support, with specific advice and workshop modules focused on the needs of new businesses.
- Agri-tech Alliance and Events, which will facilitate knowledge exchange / transfer and collaborations between farmers, horticultural, aquacultural and forestry businesses and Agri-Tech developers, academic institutions, sector experts and stakeholders.
- New Employer Support with more specific advice and workshops to help sole traders and partnerships become first-time employers or take on their first apprentice.
The project is currently in the procurement phase. Devon County Council has published the opportunity for organisations to tender for the supply of business support services through this programme. Mid Devon businesses with expertise in a business support topic (including those listed above and other fields such as digital skills, exporting, writing funding bids and more) are welcome to tender for this work. All Devon County Council tender opportunities are conducted through an electronic tendering system. Interested organisations can access the system through www.supplyingthesouthwest.org.uk The closing date for expressions of interest is noon on 7 July 2023.
Zoë Lentell, Economic Development Team Leader, said:
"It would be great to see Mid Devon businesses tendering to be a part of this programme. Once the support is live, we encourage all enterprises – whatever stage of their business journey, be it start-up, growing or just in need of general advice – to engage with the programme and make the most of the free support available. The programme has something to offer everyone.”
Businesses in Mid Devon currently seeking business support and advice can do so by accessing the heart of the South West Growth Hub’s THRIVE business support programme that has been extended until the end of July 2023.