Skip to main content

Sign up information


Before you can move into your new home, you will need to sign a Tenancy Agreement. If you are a joint tenant, both tenants will need to sign. At sign-up we will tell you all you need to know as a tenant.


We will book a time with you to sign up. You will need to bring: 


  • photographic proof of identity for you and for any guarantor - such as your passport, driving license or bus pass
  • proof of residency
  • information about those who will be living in your home


Household information


When you sign up for your new home we will ask about who will be living in your home. We will need to see: 


  • birth certificates for you and your family
  • confirmation of National Insurance numbers for all those over 16


We will also need to know the financial information for all those of working age living in your home. You should bring with you copies of:


  • wage slips
  • Child Benefit
  • work pensions
  • state benefits
  • other income
  • any savings, capital or investments


A Guide to Your Tenancy  


The following short film provides information about your home and neighbourhood, including contacts that you may find useful.



Speaking on someone else’s behalf


If you're supporting one of our tenants, we need written permission to be able to discuss any aspect of their tenancy with you.


If the tenant has mental capacity, they need to complete the Authorisation form, naming the people they are happy for us to discuss their tenancy with. Please note we will only grant this permission for a maximum of a year, after this time a new Authorisation form will need to be completed and sent to us.


If a tenant does not have mental capacity to deal with their affairs or tenancy, someone will need to apply for Power of Attorney (POA), see GOV.UK – Power of Attorney.

Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.