Skip to main content

You need a licence to run a zoo. A zoo is defined as being 'an establishment where wild animals are kept for exhibition ... to which members of the public have access, with or without charge for admission, seven or more days in any period of twelve consecutive months'.

At least two months before making an application for a licence, you should give notice to us of your intention to make an application.

The application process involves inspections by authorised officers and Secretary of State appointed veterinary surgeons.

What are the conditions for compliancy?

Premises must comply with the Secretary of State's standards of modern zoo practice.

How much does it cost?

Please see our Animal Licensing Fees for all related charges.

Please note that Mid Devon District Council no longer accept payment via cheque.

How can I apply?

If you wish to apply for a Zoo Licence please contact the Licensing Team.


Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.