Skip to main content

Evidence of your total income and capital can be any of the following:

  • Payslips. For you and your partner, these must be the last five if you're paid weekly, the last two if you're paid monthly or the last three if you're paid fortnightly. All payslips must follow each other, with no gaps. We'll also require payslips for anyone else living with you.

  • Your latest pension statement, student financial support notice or latest trading accounts.

  • Your latest Child Benefit award letter from the Child Benefit Office showing your current address, or your recent bank or building society statement showing payment of Child Benefit. We don't count your income from Child Benefit, but we need evidence that you get Child Benefit for your dependent children so that we know they're part of your household. 

  • Your latest benefit award letter from Jobcentre Plus or The Pension Service, or tax credit award letter from HM Revenue and Customs.

  • Bank, building society or post office account passbooks or statements. Statements must show all transactions for the last two full months. We can accept internet banking statements printed by you if they include the website address, name of the account holder, account number and sort code. We can't accept mini statements that just show a balance. For a post office card account, we'll accept just your latest statement.

  • Share certificates or dividend statements for stocks, shares or bonds.


Note: This list is not exhaustive.

Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.