You can now view your Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction claims (if you have a Council Tax liability), using our new online portal.
Visit our View and make changes to your Benefit claim online page to find out more...
Who can and how to apply for Housing Benefit?
Most people who want to make a new claim will need to claim Universal Credit, but there are some exceptions:
- live in supported accommodation; or
- you are homeless and the council has placed you in temporary accommodation; or
- you are entitled to a benefit with a severe disability premium, or have been in the last month and continue to be eligible; or
- you and your partner are of state pension age; or
- you are part of a couple, one of you has reached state pension age and you were claiming Housing Benefit or pension credit (as a couple) before 15 May 2019.
To check whether you're eligible to make a claim, use the Benefits Calculator.
For full details about Housing Benefit please see GOV.UK - Housing Benefit.
Apply now using our online application form