Skip to main content

Want to view your Benefit claim online?

You can now view your Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction claims (if you have a Council Tax liability), using our new online portal.
Visit our View and make changes to your Benefit claim online page to find out more...

Most people who want to make a new claim will need to claim Universal Credit, but there are some exceptions:

  • live in supported accommodation; or  
  • you are homeless and the council has placed you in temporary accommodation; or  
  • you are entitled to a benefit with a severe disability premium, or have been in the last month and continue to be eligible; or
  • you and your partner are of state pension age; or  
  • you are part of a couple, one of you has reached state pension age and you were claiming Housing Benefit or pension credit (as a couple) before 15 May 2019.

To check whether you're eligible to make a claim, use the Benefits Calculator.

For full details about Housing Benefit please see GOV.UK - Housing Benefit.

Apply now using our online application form

Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
Security check