Who can and how to apply for Housing Benefit?
Most people who want to make a new claim will need to claim Universal Credit, but there are some exceptions:
- live in supported accommodation; or
- you are homeless and the council has placed you in temporary accommodation; or
- you are entitled to a benefit with a severe disability premium, or have been in the last month and continue to be eligible; or
- you and your partner are of state pension age; or
- you are part of a couple, one of you has reached state pension age and you were claiming Housing Benefit or pension credit (as a couple) before 15 May 2019.
To check whether you're eligible to make a claim, use the Benefits Calculator.
For full details about Housing Benefit please see GOV.UK - Housing Benefit.
Apply now using our online application form