Mid Devon District Council has supported the Zero Tolerance to Hate Crime campaign and signed the pledge. If you, or your organisation would like to support the campaign please sign the pledge and download information and advice from the Zero Tolerance website. Materials are also available for collection from the Mid Devon Council offices at Phoenix House Tiverton.
What is hate crime?
Any offence/incident committed against a person or property which is motivated, in whole or in part, by the offender's bias against a race, colour, religion, gender disability, sexual orientation, or ethnicity. It may also be where a person is targeted or selected because of their status, group characteristics or affiliation.
How to report hate crime
Anyone who is either a victim or a witness of hate crime can to report the incident in a number of different ways:
- Stop Hate UK using their 24 hour helpline - 0800 138 1625
- Use the online True Vision Hate Crime Reporting Form
- If not an emergency, call the police non-emergency number 101, or by reporting the problem to your local police station or local policing team
- If it is an emergency where life is threatened, people are injured, offenders are nearby or if immediate action is required with an urgent response, call 999
Advice and guidance
For further information and support about hate crime, please see the following links:
To report racist or phobic incidents, please contact:
- Stop Hate UK
- True Vision Hate Crime Reporting Form
- Devon and Cornwall Police - Hate crime
- Devon & Cornwall Police - Hate crime sign the pledge
- Devon and Cornwall Police - Find your local police station
- Devon and Cornwall Police - Find your local policing team
- Victim Support - Hate crime
- Plymouth and Devon Racial Equality Council
- The Intercom Trust