Safety Advisory Group
The Mid Devon Safety Advisory Group (SAG) has been formed by us to bring together all the relevant regulatory authorities to assist event organisers ensure that their events are conducted safely and lawfully. It is an impartial, advisory group and provides a single point of contact for coordinated and consistent advice. The SAG cannot take any decisions - its role is advisory. The ultimate responsibility for event safety lies with the event organisers and their management teams.
- to advise on the events, venues and immediate environs
- to promote good safety and welfare practice in event planning
- to provide a forum within which the local authority and other relevant authorities develop a coordinated approach to events
- to ensure events in Mid Devon are well planned and have minimal adverse impact
Mid Devon's SAG core membership:
- Chair (from the local authority)
- Environmental Health
- Emergency Planning
- Fire Service
- Ambulance Service
Other representatives may be invited from time to time and the SAG may decide if appropriate to extend the membership on a permanent basis.
Attending a SAG meeting
If you are planning to hold an event in Mid Devon and wish to attend a SAG meeting please Contact us.
SAG meeting dates 2021:
(Please note these dates may be subject to change)
- 10am, Wednesday 14 July
- 10am, Thursday 16 September
- 10am, Friday 15 October
- 10am, Monday 15 November
- 10am, Tuesday 14 December