Skip to main content

When is this required: 

All applications seeking new agricultural, forestry or other rural occupational dwellings in the countryside for agricultural purposes  

What information is required? 

The appraisal should be prepared by an independent specialist with expert knowledge of the rural business in question, which includes the following information: 

  • Three years of accounts (for a dwelling). In the case of applications for temporary dwellings (which will be appropriate where the business enterprise is new and evolving), financial evidence to show that the business has been planned on a sound financial basis. 
  • Justification for requiring the dwelling 
  • Demonstration the need cannot be met by a building elsewhere 
  • Description of the business and how it operates 
  • Plans to show the extent of the operational land and buildings 


Please note, any application seeking a new agricultural workers dwelling will be subject to further assessment by the Council by an independent consultant and a further fee will be required at the time of commission.

Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.