Skip to main content

When is this required? 

Development proposals that would result in the disposal of foul sewage, effluent or trade waste not through a mains connection to a public sewer. 

What information is required? 

A non-mains drainage assessment should be used to establish whether non-mains drainage, either a new system or connection to an existing system, would be acceptable. The Environment Agency requires applicants to provide evidence that a connection to the public sewer is not feasible. 

The assessment should include: the method of storage, treatment and disposal, an assessment of site suitability and a demonstration as to why the development cannot connect to the public mains sewer. 

The assessment should be provided through the completion of the Environment Agency’s Foul Drainage Assessment form (FDA1).

Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.