Skip to main content

When is this required: 

For all retail and leisure development outside of Town Centres for proposals exceeding 500 m2 floorspace. 

What information is required: 

A Retail Impact Assessment assesses the impact the development may have on the vitality and viability of existing centres within the surrounding area. 

The assessment will need to consider the impact on all retail offering, and will need to consider: 

  • recent permissions
  • developments under construction
  • completed developments 

Further Information: 

Town centres and retail - GOV.UK (

Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.