Unfortunately the Mid Devon offices have closed. However, if you require information, advice or support, call the Age UK National Advice Helpline on 0800 678 1602. Their lines are open 8.00 am - 7.00 pm, 365 days a year.
For more information: https://www.ageuk.org.uk
Churches Housing Action Team (CHAT)
Supports people experiencing housing difficulties in Mid Devon. We are open for telephone advice 01884 255606 9-5 Mon – Fri.
The foodbank is still operating and offers help to Mid Devon residents who find themselves in need. There are many different reasons you may need to call us:
- Unexpected change of circumstances
- Isolation and unable to get food any other way
- Universal Credit delay/changeover
- Priority debts to be paid
We have suspended our usual voucher system, but please call us on 01884 255606 between 10:00 -12:00 and we will talk to you about how we can help.
For more information: https://chatmid.org
In order to minimise the impact of Coronavirus to our workforce and clients, Citizens Advice is temporarily unable to offer a face to face service. Please see below alternative options to access our services.
- For 24 hour information, please visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk, an email and webchat service is also available
- For general advice call Adviceline: 03444 111 444 9.30am to 4.30pm Mon to Fri
- Help applying for Universal Credit: 0800 144 8 444 8am to 6pm Mon to Fri - visit us see: http://www.ruraldevoncab.org.uk/how-we-help
- For online advice visit: citizensadvice.org.uk/helptoclaim
Exeter Community Energy
We provide fuel poverty and energy advice services across Mid Devon. We are offering a telephone support service for any resident having difficulty with energy suppliers, or heating issues.We have a huge network of support around us and can help to sign post people to the right services.
Tel 0800 772 3617
INVOLVE – Voluntary Action in Mid Devon
Will be liaising with local community groups across Mid Devon to help them with volunteering through good practice and brokering support. INVOLVE are also compiling a list of organisations that are offering listening and helpline services called ‘In touch at home’ which will available here once it has been published. If you would like to contact INVOLVE you can:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on 07704156007.
Mid Devon Mobility
We are operating a telephone befriending system to ensure our most vulnerable are not completely isolated and are able to get the essentials they need to stay in their own homes. We are covering the whole of Mid Devon and if we are unable to help we can pass on other details.
Contact: 01884 242099