Skip to main content

help with council tax graphic


If you are unable to pay your council tax and you receive Council Tax Reduction, you can apply for an Exceptional Hardship Payment

You will need to provide:

  • The most recent two months of statements for all bank/savings accounts you and other adults in the property hold. Please email them as pdf files or bring/send paper copies to our offices.
  • Proof of any debts and debt repayments you wish to be considered.
  • Relevant medical evidence to support your application if appropriate.

Important: Please be aware that your application may be refused if you have excess income or non-essential expenditure.

If you need help completing the form, please call 01884 255255 to book a phone appointment.

If you do not receive Council Tax Reduction you can still check if you are eligible.

If you are eligible for Council Tax Reduction please apply online.


Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.