Skip to main content

Clubs are organisations where members have joined together for particular social, sporting or political purposes. In order to supply alcohol or provide entertainment the premises must hold a Club Premises Certificate.

Clubs must have a minimum of 25 members and must run for the benefit of these members in order to qualify for a Club Premises Certificate.

Further information

Please read our new club premises certificate guidance before applying.  It contains important information on the application process including advertising requirements, plans and what happens if representations are made.


Premises licence and club premises certificate fees

The Non-Domestic Rateable Value of a premises can be checked using the Valuation Office Agency website: Valuation Office Agency Business Rates.

Apply online

To apply online, please download and complete our New club premises certificate Application and return via email to After submission of your completed form, we'll contact you to confirm receipt and arrange payment with you directly.

If the application is submitted online we will forward it to all Responsible Authorities.

Apply by post

If you submit the New club premises certificate Application form by hard copy you will have to post copies to all Responsible Authorities.

Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
Security check