Skip to main content

Payments for Licence Applications

Please note: We don't accept payments via cheque for Licence applications. Alternatively, you can pay using a Debit/Credit Card online via our website, by telephone or in person at our main offices at Phoenix House in Tiverton. (Direct Debit Mandates do not apply for licencing services).

Please refer to our We've changed the ways you can pay page to find out more about making Council payments.

Small variations to a premises licence or club premises certificate which will not impact adversely on the licensing objectives, can be applied for using a simplified 'minor variation' process.

The following variations are excluded from the minor variation process:

  • to extend licensing hours for the sale or supply of alcohol for consumption on or off the premises between the hours of 11pm and 7am; or
  •  to increase the amount of time on any day during which alcohol may be sold or supplied for consumption on or off the premises.

Further information

Please read our minor variation guidance before applying because it contains important information on the application process and legal requirements.



Please note that Mid Devon District Council no longer accept payment via cheque.


To apply online, please download and complete our Minor Variation online application and return via email to After submission of your completed form, we'll contact you to confirm receipt.

If you are submitting it hard copy you will have to post your application to us.

Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
Security check