Skip to main content

Payments for Licence Applications

Please note: We don't accept payments via cheque for Licence applications. Alternatively, you can pay using a Debit/Credit Card online via our website, by telephone or in person at our main offices at Phoenix House in Tiverton. (Direct Debit Mandates do not apply for licencing services).

Please refer to our We've changed the ways you can pay page to find out more about making Council payments.

The 'alternative mandatory condition' in relation to a premises licence means the condition that every supply of alcohol under the licence must be made or authorised by the management committee. This means 'community premises' do not need to have a designated premises supervisor.

The alternative mandatory condition can be applied for in two different ways:

  • as part of an application for a new premises licenceor
  • as a distinct application where an existing licence is in place

Community premises usually fall into one of the following categories:

  • premises that are or form part of a church hall, chapel hall or other similar building; or
  • premises that are or form part of a village hall, parish hall or community hall or other similar building

Further information

Please read our disapply DPS guidance before applying as it contains important information on the application process.



Please note that Mid Devon District Council no longer accept payment via cheque.


Download: Community premises alternative mandatory condition application form.

Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
Security check