Skip to main content

Payments for Licence Applications

Please note: We don't accept payments via cheque for Licence applications. Alternatively, you can pay using a Debit/Credit Card online via our website, by telephone or in person at our main offices at Phoenix House in Tiverton. (Direct Debit Mandates do not apply for licencing services).

Please refer to our We've changed the ways you can pay page to find out more about making Council payments.

If you wish to take over a premises licence, you must make an application to transfer it and also obtain consent from the existing licence holder.

Further information

Please read our premises licence transfer guidance before applying as it contains important information on the application process.



Please note that Mid Devon District Council no longer accept payment via cheque.


Apply online

To apply online, please download and complete our Premises licence transfer application form and return via email to After submission of your completed form, we'll contact you to confirm receipt and arrange payment with you directly.

If you submit it online we will forward it to the Police and the Home Office. The consent of existing premises licence holder to transfer form must be completed separately and emailed to us at

Apply by post

Download: Premises licence transfer application form.

If you are submitting it hard copy you will have to post your application to:

  • Licensing, Mid Devon District Council, Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton EX16 6PP
  • Licensing Department, Devon & Cornwall Constabulary, Launceston Police Station, Moorland Road, Launceston, PL15 7HY
  • Home Office, Alcohol Licensing Team, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croyden, CR9 2BY

You must also complete and return the consent of existing premises licence holder to transfer form to us.

Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
Security check