Skip to main content

Internet Explorer for IDOX Public Access

Please note! If you use Internet Explorer as your preferred browser, you will need Microsoft - Internet Explorer 11 or above to view planning documents using IDOX Public Access.

Stay updated, stay informed!

Get our latest news and service updates for planning and regeneration by signing up to our free email subscription service.

Using our customisable preferences, you can also choose to receive news and important information on other council services that are of interest to you!

How can I search for, view or track a planning application?

You can use IDOX Public Access for:

  • planning applications
  • appeals
  • enforcements

You can do a simple search by:

  • keyword
  • application reference
  • postcode
  • a single line of an address

If you can't find what you're looking for using the simple search, try using the 'advanced' search option. For further guidance see the IDOX Public Access - User Guide.

Please allow up to 48 hours for plans and documents associated with planning applications to be loaded onto the website.


The information on this site should not be relied upon as an alternative to traditional land searches in connection with property transactions. While we take great care to ensure the information provided is accurate, we cannot accept any liability or responsibility as a result of any inaccuracies or errors within these pages.

To view county matters applications and decisions, see Devon County Council - Planning webpage (you will need the DCC reference).

How can I comment on a current planning application?

Where does your comment appear?

Please see our privacy notice for representations

Feedback form

500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
500 character(s) left.
Security check